Here you can find help
Watch video tutorials, learn about financial terms and find quickly answers to your questions.
Learn from our video tutorials
Tutorial videos are the most convenient way to quickly learn more about SimFin features and get tips.
- GeneralOverview about tools & features in the SimFin appGet an introduction to the financial analysis tools and data choices at hand with Simfin's app! This tutorial offers an easy-to-follow overview of the most remarkable stock analytics features available.
- ScreeningStep-by-Step guide to setup a stock portfolio with the ScreenerIn this video, we are going to show you step-by-step how to use the SimFin Stock Screener to set up a Moving Average Investment Strategy. Learn how easy it is and get started with stock selection today!
- FundamentalsHow to download quality fundamental data from SimFinLet's learn together how to download financial data from SimFin! Downloading fundamentals, prices and ratios is a simple process. Use the data in your own apps to feed your custom algorithms.
- ScreeningHow to export your portfolio stocks as CSV text file for EXCEL.This short tutorial video explains in 27 seconds how to export a portfolio stock list. The list of securities will be downloaded as a CSV text file. This file can be easily opened in spread-sheet apps like EXCEL.
- Data DownloadHow to install the SimFin Excel Plugin - Step-by-StepDive into the step-by-step process of installing and activating the SimFin Excel Plugin. From accessing the plugin on SimFin App to testing its functionality, we've got you covered. Enjoy watching.
- BacktestingPerform a strategy backtest on a SimFin portfolioLearn how to use SimFin's powerful backtesting feature. You can analyse your portfolio performance and make smarter investment decisions. Stop hesitating and start optimizing your portfolio today!
- BacktestingHow to boost your backtests with High-Speed Credits?In this video, we are going to reveal the power of backtesting with High-Speed Credits. See why traders have already chosen High-Speed Credits for their backtesting needs. Start taking advantage of this powerful tool today!
- VisualizationUnlock the full potential of graph processing with High-Speed CreditsUnlock the power of High-Speed Credits in metric visualization and portfolio backtesting. Learn all about the massive acceleration that you get when enabling them in your account. You won't want to miss it!
- GeneralRate, comment, modify, save and share portfolios of other expertsLet's learn how to explore, comment on and rate other users' portfolios. You'll be taught how to copy, edit, and share these strategies with peers or colleagues. It's a fantastic way to gain new insights and ideas!
- FundamentalsHow to obtain the most fundamental data of a company's business?SimFin gives access to thousands of listed companies. Depending on your subscription, you can browse the fundamentals of the past 7 to over 20 years of business. We show you how to get the most data out it.
Check these frequently asked questions
How can I get support from SimFin?
You can get help on this support page by watching relevant tutorial videos or, checking the glossary terms or reading the FAQs.
Should these ressources did not solve your issue you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (see contact page).
Is it possible to download financial data?
Yes, as registered user you can access the raw fundamental data and calculated metrics of stocks via the SimFin Python API or bulk-download of a CSV file.
What are High-Speed-Credits?
High-Speed-Credits are a limited quota of database requests that are necessary for performing ultra-fast backtests. The higher your subscription tier, the larger your High-Speed-Credit quota is. For more information about the volumes of High-Speed-Credits, please refer "Compare Plans Table" on the Pricing Page. If your High-Speed-Credit quota is entirely consumed, you can still perform backtests, but the processing time will be longer.
What are SimFin financial analysis tools good for?
SimFin has two tools for analyzing stock data.
The stock screener allows users to find stocks that match their desired criteria. The resulting list of stocks represents a dynamic portfolio whose performance from the past to the present can be displayed graphically.
The second tool is the backtesting function, which can be used to test the value of the portfolio against historical financial data. This means that you can simulate how an amount once invested would have increased or decreased from a certain date in the past until today.
Why there are more US than European Stocks listed?
SimFin's database of public companies is growing rapidly. The North American stock market is the largest in the world by number of securities and by market capitalization. That is why we are starting there as well. Our goal is to complete the US stocks with a history of 23 years by the end of the first quarter of 2023.
Will the data base of stocks grow in the next future?
Definitely, SimFin focuses on the expansion of its fundamental finance datasets. AI powered algorithms are leveraging our invested resources. By the end of 2024 we aim to have worldwide 30K+ stock listed companies covered with a history of 25 years.